What is the Handyperson Service?
The Handyperson Service provides practical help with odd jobs and small repairs around the home, which you might find difficult if you are older or have a disability.
Who can use the service?
You may be eligible if:
- You are aged over 65 or have a disability, and
- You live in Ross and Cromarty, Sutherland, or Moray (Highland Veterans Handyperson Service only)
What does it cost?
You will only be charged for the cost of any materials that are needed to do the job. You will not be charged for the Handyperson’s time or for the cost of them travelling to and from your home.
Your peace of mind
Each Handyperson is checked by Disclosure Scotland and carries personal identification. They will arrive in a fully equipped Handyperson van.
What can the Handyperson do?
Here are some examples of jobs the Handyperson can do:
- fit battery-operated smoke detectors
- fit hand rails
- clear pathways round house
- fit curtain rails and hang curtains
- hang pictures
- move furniture within the house
- fit shelves
- fit security door and window locks
- unblock sinks
- replace tap washers
- replace light bulbs and plugs
- change fuses
- replace broken window panes
They can also provide helpful advice about larger repairs.
Want to find out more?
Teaninich Industrial Estate
Tel: 01349 884774