Care and Repair Service
What is Care and Repair?
Care and Repair offers free information and advice to enable people to improve their homes.
Who can use the service?
You may be eligible if:
- you are aged over 60 or if you or a family member has a disability, and
- you are a homeowner or a private tenant, and
- you live in Ross and Cromarty or Sutherland
How can Care and Repair help?
Care and Repair can help by:
- organising surveys and drawings
- obtaining prices for work
- applying for grants
- applying for loans or other funding
- organising the work
- approaching other agencies for financial support, for example, the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen Families Association.
- dealing with contractors and monitoring quality of work
What works can be carried out?
Any work can be considered that is needed to improve your home, such as:
- new windows and doors
- alterations to suit your individual needs
- central heating
Want to find out more? Contact us
Contact us at the addresses below for more information or to arrange for us to visit.
Ross-shire Care and Repair
Teaninich Industrial Estate
tel. 01349 884774
Sutherland Care and Repair
Unit 1G, Lairg Industrial Estate
tel. 01549 402679
In addition, Ross-shire Care and Repair has a west coast office in the village hall in Poolewe. Contact details are:
Tel. 01445 781312
Care and Repair Facts and Figures >>