Care and Repair Service
What is Care and Repair?
We offer people a helping hand through the process of having improvements or repairs done to their home. We offer free advice to enable people to improve their homes.
Who can use the service?
You may be eligible if:
- you are aged over 65 or if you or a family member has a disability, and
- you are a homeowner or a private tenant, and
- you live in Ross and Cromarty or Sutherland.
How can Care and Repair help?
- organising surveys and drawings
- obtaining prices for work
- applying for grants
- applying for loans or other funding
- organising the work
- approaching other agencies for financial support, for example, the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen Families Association
- dealing with contractors and monitoring quality of work
What works can be carried out?
Repairs and improvements on:
- structural instability
- rot/structural infestation
- defective electrical supply
- lack of thermal insulation
- inadequate/foul surface drainage
- inadequate water supply
- lack of toilet/ basin/ bath/ shower
- roof repairs
- inadequate light/ventilation
Want to find out more?
Contact us at the addresses below for more information or to arrange for us to visit.
Ross-Shire Care and Repair
Teaninich Industrial Estate
tel: 01349 884565
Sutherland Care and Repair
Unit 1, Lairg Industrial Estate
Sutherland IV27 4BL
tel: 01549 402679